We are a mid-sized company of environmental consultants and engineers and technical, scientific, and business software application developers and engineers that provides environmental, health and safety services to large industrial companies.
Under the general direction of the Project Assistant/Manager, the Administrative Intern performs a variety of tasks in broad-spectrum areas of project maintenance that include the following.
- Open projects at the discretion of managers and associates and modifying existing projects using project management software.
- Assist with preparation of quotes for goods and services
- Prepare agreements from templates vendors and subcontractors.
- Review job time entries made by associates and work with associates to make necessary corrections.
- Document management including transcribing site notes or inventories, scanning files, and maintaining file folders and document repositories.
- Prepare budget review summaries using project management software.
- Enter client purchase orders into the project management system.
- Run draft invoices and billing review reports.
- Perform basic research into billing inquiries from clients.
- Create requisitions and purchase orders as requested.
- Back up for receptionist.
- Prepare client statement of accounts.
- Reconcile Purchase Orders.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor's degree in either business administration, accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate ideas and properly describe problems and solutions.
- Must be able to multi-task, and handle multiple interruptions.
- Must have computer proficiency in Word, Excel; Adobe Acrobat proficiency is a plus.
- Must possess accurate data entry skills (45+ words per minute with minimal errors).
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
Other desirable skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience with project management.
- Experience of business administration or project management support.
The job is performed in an office environment with minimal exposure to safety hazards. The job requires some physical exertion, including sitting, standing, occasional light lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling. The job requires operation of standard office equipment, including computers, telephones, copiers, etc. The job requires following written and oral instructions, attention to detail, ability to multitask, ability to work with others and ability to meet deadlines. The job requires following established policies and procedures, meeting quality and safety standards and regular attendance. The job requires making decisions based on experience and knowledge without supervision and requires responsibility for results.
We offer excellent benefits, including health, dental and pension, and opportunity for career growth, training and continuing education. Please do not apply if you live more than 40 miles away and do not plan on relocating.