Under the general direction of executives and managers, the Project Assistant performs a variety of tasks in broad-spectrum areas of project maintenance that include the following.
- Open projects at the discretion of managers and associates and modifying existing projects using project management software.
- Preparation of quotes for goods and services.
- Create requisitions and purchase orders as requested.
- Enter client purchase orders into the project management system.
- Purchase supplies, services and equipment under the direction and supervision of the project manager.
- Prepare budget review summaries using project management software.
- Review job time entries made by associates and work with associates to make necessary corrections.
- Run draft invoices and billing review reports.
- Transmit invoices.
- Perform basic research into billing inquiries from clients.
- Prepare agreements from templates vendors and subcontractors.
- Document management including transcribing site notes or inventories, scanning files, and maintaining file folders and document repositories.
- Obtain quotes for goods and services from vendors.
- Back up for answering phone system.
- Maintains a clean, orderly, professional environment.
- Bachelor's degree in either business administration or accounting.
- 2-3 years of experience of business administration or project management support.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate ideas and properly describe problems and solutions.
- Must be able to multi-task, and handle multiple interruptions.
- Must have computer proficiency in Word, Excel; Adobe Acrobat proficiency is a plus.
- Must possess accurate data entry skills (45+ words per minute with minimal errors).
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
Other desirable skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience with project management.
The job is performed in an office environment with minimal exposure to safety hazards. The job requires some physical exertion, including sitting, standing, occasional light lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling. The job requires operation of standard office equipment, including computers, telephones, copiers, etc. The job requires following written and oral instructions, attention to detail, ability to multitask, ability to work with others and ability to meet deadlines. The job requires following established policies and procedures, meeting quality and safety standards and regular attendance. The job requires making decisions based on experience and knowledge without supervision and requires responsibility for results.
$40,000- $47,000 annually, depending on qualifications.
Salary is based on experience and qualifications. We offer excellent benefits, including health, dental and pension, and opportunity for career growth, training and continuing education. Please do not apply if you live more than 40 miles away and do not plan on relocating.